Premature labour is when you experience contractions and signs of premature labour after week 20 of your twin pregnancy.
Here are some signs to watch for during your twin pregnancy:
- Persistent stomach cramps
- Cramps similar to PMS with or without diarrhea
- Leaking amniotic fluid
- Increased watery Vagina discharge
- Pressure and pain in the lower back area
- Contractions – Regular and / or increased at least every 10 minutes (Contractions are tightening feeling in your stomach area)
- Feeling babies are pushing down – pelvic pressure
- Persistent dull backache that does not ease up with change of position
- Flu like symtoms such as Diarrhea, Vomiting and Nausea
- Just an uneasy feeling
These are some signs of preterm labour. Ask your care giver to go over the sings of preterm labour with you. If you do feel any of the signs you need to get to hospital as soon as possible.