Twin Pregnancy Week 13

Welcome to the second trimester. By week 13 of your twin pregnancy you most likely look very pregnant – there will be some moms who do not show as much as you can appreciate from their posts.  Nausea is probably a thing of the past.  You must eat properly and take more calories for nourishing your growing babies. At this time your babies faces look more like humans. Their eyes are moving closer and closer together.  Babies toes and fingers are separated by now and ankles and wrists have formed. At this stage the baby twins are about a size of a peach and weigh about half and ounce each.

help you to be more comfortable as your pregnancy progresses. Watch this video amazing video:

[table id=10 /]

59 Comments

1. Taty

This is my first pregnancy.  I look huge, like 5-6 months and I barely am 13 weeks. I’m so hungry all the time. I’m happy but terrified, don’t know how big I will turn to be…

2. Jae

I starting to think that MOST WOMEN can’t read lol, see what I did there. Don’t really get with the fuss is about or why ppl are panicking if the article doesn’t say ALL WOMEN. Anywho, I am pregnant with twins and these are my first kids 🙂 I’m 13 weeks and I look about 5 months, my cousin had twins and at 13 weeks she still had abs. My little aliens are perfectly healthy and my due date is sept 27, I still get really sick some days but I’ve always had a weak stomach. To Lucy sorry to hear that everything isn’t going swell but I’ll keep you in my prayer, or put it in the universe, whichever floats ur boat, that you’ll have a successful and healthy pregnancy. Love all hope everyone takes what they need from this VERY informative article.

3. Ashley Luper Stults

I am 13 weeks and look like 6 months with my single pregnancies! I’m 34, five feet 6 inches tall and non pregnant weight@135 pounds,  I hit 150 at my appointment last week and I’ve been holding steady lol as it freaked me out to already have gained 15 pounds in 3 months especially considering how sick I have been with nausea and actually throwing up.. Thank God the nausea has let up a lot, but not completely ,the last week or so! The downside is I feel like I’m probably going to really start packing on the weight now, even more, since the foods staying down. Its part of it I guess as long as the babies are healthy is all that matters! Still kind of in disbelief that there’s two babies in there! My older kids are totally excited 🙂 it’s going to be a long hot summer! We feel totally bless ed though, God is good! Best of luck to everyone!

4. The Twins Father!

13 weeks just had a ultrasound today 3-14-16. Very exciting we are expecting paternal twins. My wife is very excited. Physical appearance barely noticeable…I call it a pudge instead of a baby bump. They measured normal size and heart beat was normal thank God. This is not our first pregnancy so we are familiar but new to twins. God is good. My wife hasn’t had any nausea yet which is great. She is eating great we have made some changes to our diet more salads fruits and less take out. No soda or coffee. I’m nervous I just want them to be healthy. I hope everyone here is having a healthy and loving pregnancy. To all mothers I sincerely give you all the credit in the world you are special and beautiful from head to toe and know that you are truly appreciated! I pray for a healthy and loving pregnancy.

Feeling blessed! Eddie the twins father!

5. Robin

I agree with comments above, I am 13.5 weeks and not showing with twins. Your post def made me nervous as if I haven’t been eating enough or not growing them. I think it seems to vary, its my first pregnancy so maybe that makes a difference. I had an US at 10 weeks and they were at normal growth, but my next one is in two weeks so I have to sweat until then. I feel like my uterus is growing, pains in my round ligaments etc… but its still not really poking out as I have seen in some photos for others. Best to not make blanket statements since it can cause unnecessary worry in a difficult time,
    thanks

6. rashby930

Pregnant with twins and I am huge!! Third pregnancy and my stomach looks like I am 5 months along! I started showing at 7 weeks. Still nauseous, heartburn just started this week, and minor hip pain. Twin pregnancy is a lot different than my singletons!

7. Lucy Clarkson

I think i am around 12 weeks pregnant now, carry identical twins. Went for a reassurance scan on the 4-12-15 to make sure my baby had a heart beart, due to the misscarriage i had back in march 2015, and found out that ues there was a perfect little heart beat, and another one too! Was so happy! I thought i was 8 weeks, but the women said the babies are both mesureing  7 weeks and 7 and half weeks, so i think am 12 weeks, i am starting to show a little which is just amazing am so happy! Just waiting to go to my next scan due on the 13-01-16, carnt wait!! I also already have a son, who was both 11-10-14, so he will be 20 months when i have my beautiful babies!!! Love this website so much information about twin pregnancies, un like alot of other website!! Thank you!!

• Mother of Twins

Congratulations. Very happy for you. Make sure you take care of yourself. Thank you for the complement. Keep us posted.

8. Cinda

I personally felt a sigh of relief knowing women are really showing by week 13. Now I don’t feel so hard on myself.

9. juliet

hi,I’m 12 weeks and one day pregnant with twins and its my 3rd pregnancy. I look like I’m 20 weeks gone n ppl are shocked to hear I’m just 12 wks. it is totally a diff experience so far. so if u haven’t started showing well thank God for u but most women even for singletons begin to show by 12 wk
    s. thanks

10. Mommy Em

Good for all of you that don’t look “very pregnant”… Those of us who have already been pregnant 2 or 3 times will probably be the ones who do look “very pregnant”. I also (like someone already posted) look like I did when I was 5 months with my previous two. Everyone is different. Plus I love the belly because I get to share with people that it’s twins that much longer.

• Jessica

I am 12 weeks and 6 days with twins and look like I’m 5 months. I’m glad I’m not the only one. I was shocked that I’m already showing so soon. I’m happy to hear it’s normal.

• Tiffany

I’m almost 13 weeks and I look 5 months pregnant.  I do have 3 other children so twins were unexpected. It’s very hard to find websites or blogs about twins. So the information is really good. Each pregnancy is different but from my reach I have learned that when you are pregnant with twins you show earlier  ( which makes a lot of sense, since you’re carrying two babies ) ijs

• Tiffany

I’m almost 13 weeks and I look 5 months pregnant.  I do have 3 other children so twins were unexpected. It’s very hard to find websites or blogs about twins. So the information is really good. Each pregnancy is different but from my research I have learned that when you are pregnant with twins you show earlier  ( which makes a lot of sense, since you’re carrying two babies ) ijs

• Faith

Yes, I’m 12weeks and 1 day and I’m definitely showing.

Submit a Comment